We, the Club, believe that Good Practice at Bon Accord Thistle ASC is as follows;
1. The safeguarding of children is everyone’s responsibility, particularly when it comes to protecting children from abuse. Everyone in swimming – administrator, Club official, coach, parent, friend, children themselves, everyone – can help. Children and young people have a lot to gain from swimming. Their natural sense of fun and spontaneity can blossom in positive sporting environments. Swimming provides an excellent opportunity for children to learn new skills, become more confident and maximise their own unique potential. The Club will place the needs of the child first and winning and competition second.
2. The underlying principles with respect to Child Protection are that:
The child’s well-being is the first consideration.
All children, regardless of age, any disability they have, gender, racial origin, religious belief and sexual identity have a right to be protected from abuse. Children and young people must be treated with integrity and respect.
Children and young peoples’ programmes and competitions will be relevant to their ages and stages of development.
3. We are committed to following the current Scottish Swimming’s Child Protection guidelines. All our volunteers / staff are members of Scottish Swimming.
4. The Club:
Aims to create an enjoyable environment, where young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat.
Acknowledges that young people have the right to be treated with respect and for their concerns to be listened to and acted upon.
Will aim to ensure that junior members have specific programmes designated for them, with adequate supervision.
Is committed to ensuring that all helpers, whatever their role, complete a Club Registration Form and sign a Code of Conduct
Is committed to ensure that all regulated positions are PVG Scheme Members and complete a Self Declaration Form in relation to Child Protection.
Provides clear, comprehensive, easily understood procedures for dealing with:
1. Allegations of abuse
2. Requests for help and support on a confidential basis
3. Is committed to an equitable recruitment selection policy for coaches
4. Will always emphasise fair play.
5. Our Child Protection Officers are:
Tracy Munro email: email@example.com tel: 07542 950782
Find out more
At Bon Accord Thistle we believe in delivering the best coaching in Aberdeen and keeping our fees the lowest in the city. We also aim to train our swimmers to their fullest potential whilst creating a safe and inclusive environment to have fun.