Bon Accord Thistle ASC is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from 25th May 2018. Bon Accord Thistle ASC will be a “controller” of personal information that you provide to us unless otherwise stated.
Personal information required
When you register as a member of Bon Accord Thistle ASC or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information
- Contact details - Name, address, date of birth, contact telephone number and email address
- Membership Criteria – athlete, parent, volunteer, coach
- Equality Information – disability (if any), ethnic group
- Why we need your personal information
- We need to collect our members personal information so that we can manage your membership.
- We will use our members personal information to:-
- Set up your online membership account and administer your account online
- Provide you with core member services i.e Insurance, Licensing and PVG checks
- Accept and manage entries for competitions
- Develop and maintain our members qualifications and swim times
- Send you membership communications by email or text
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
Who we share your personal information with
As an affiliated club of Scottish Swimming we are required to ensure that all our members are members of Scottish swimming as a condition of affiliation. We will share your details with Scottish Swimming who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it.
We will also share your data with any other organisation that Bon Accord Thistle ASC are affiliated with.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include Disclosure Scotland and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on Scottish Swimming electronic filing system and is accessed by members that have been given roles to access the information i.e Secretary
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services.
You can exercise your rights by submitting a letter to the committee or by logging on to your account at Scottish swimming.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are :-
- You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you my making a “Subject access request”.
- If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information.
- You have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes.
Find out more
At Bon Accord Thistle we believe in delivering the best coaching in Aberdeen and keeping our fees the lowest in the city. We also aim to train our swimmers to their fullest potential whilst creating a safe and inclusive environment to have fun.